PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Anglian Air Ambulance temporarily grounded/Longmint status
Old 1st May 2011, 11:13
ExMAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oldetonian

You are doing a very passable impression of a troll.

To reiterate Whirls and 996 comments,many on this thread have had direct dealings with LMA/BBCC. There are current and previous employees here and whilst I am sure there are a few competitors as well, very few if any have had negative comment about the original companies.

We are not talking about a normal company or way of doing business.I you re-read, or indeed read for the first time, some 350 posts you will see employees that haven't been paid on time or correct amounts since last summer. Large important contracts have been allowed to rot on the vine. Key personnel have left; causing the loss of CAA approvals.

Also, there have been previous threads discussing the sacking due to gross misconduct, etc. If you look back and search a little you will find many threads associated with BBCC, Longmint and Erinaceous. Many of the previous threads were defended by senior personnel from Longmint, Longmint Flyer an obvious one, where are they now?

I find the SAR(H) idea laughable but seeing how BBCC do business I don't doubt it was possibly their aim. Remember the aim in their previous business was to create a "one stop property shop". That failed with £250 Million of debt; see a trend?

If this organization was really about providing a quality aviation service than maybe the would have sold off the multi million pound mansion, their luxury hotel or any of their large property portfolio, even their matching Aston Martins, to ensure that contracts were maintained. Longmint have invested bu**ger all in these companies; look at the state of the buildings at Fairoaks, the lack of credit with suppliers leading to customer aircraft being delayed etc.

Yes, this thread is getting a bit dull because there is little to add at the moment, it may change in the near future. However, it should remain so that those without knowledge of the relevant companies can be given a reason to ask questions, and get answers, before committing to spend any money with LMA. None of us want to see anyone else hurt by what must be an impending demise.

Last edited by ExMAGE; 1st May 2011 at 11:30.