PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st May 2011, 10:19
RandyBMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No suggestion for a strike, just a hope that our managers responsible for the pay change may take heed at the level of divisiveness this pay scale scheme can cause.

I am hopeful that they can realize the savings (or costs) a happy pilot group can make are significant and difficult to monitor, but no less important to the bottom line. As the poster referred to above, Skybus didn't work.

Just wanting to help make our airline a place all pilots can be happy with.

My suggestion (not that I am in any position to make one) was to bring all pilots to "A-scale" with a one time bonus to current A-scale pilots. If that was too high a cost to the company, a simple stagger in pay raise, with a higher percentage to the B-scale pilots, would have at least brought us all closer to parity instead of increasing the gap. Also, a document outlining yearly raises would certainly help retainment as well as recruiting, and could offer a plan that is in sight of all pilots being on parity for the same position, with some making more than others based strictly on years served. I now make less than someone doing the same position that was hired a year after I was. That just doesn't seem right to me and numerous others.

The good news is that there is always a way to make it right, and the sooner it is done, the better morale will be. If nothing is done, morale will suffer.

Just my opinion,
Randy