PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 09:39
FL999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The likes of Dan Buster and 404 Titan are only trying to help and insulting them only shows a closed mind and if I was in their place would also not want to have you in the cockpit with me.

The package atractiveness is realtive though. Some dont have the means to pay for a ME-CPL-IR & Frozen ATPL and eve if they did they wouldnt be saving HKD 6 million over 5 years working for regionals in the US or bush flying in Africa. Loan repayments in countries where some of the applicants come from equals and sometimes out-weighs a salary deemed 'good' in said country.

I do agree that people who have the opportunity to fly locally at minimal cost and train part time and build hours should do so. Especially those who have no eurpoean residency restrictions and what not. Some just dont have tha luxury and have to go abroad to do ther training and that can become real expensive real quick when you start applying exchange rates and Living costs away from home.

Where Cathay really get you by the balls is by bonding you for 6 years to sit in a jump seat effectively ensuring that you cannot leave without the risk of throwing your career down the drain. I would presonally prefer bush flying Barons in Africa rather than eating sandwiches aboard an A340. To me that is THE deal breaker. I want to fly, thats why I want to become a pilot. The fact that Cathay is holding interviews every single month in 2-3 places shows that they are finding it hard to lure enough people and that alone should be considered a warning sign.

Its a shame since I believe its the people who have the common sense to refuse the offer or to question the conditions who Cathay should be hiring.