PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 23:29
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaah, good to see JW411 pop up again with his usual bitter anti-BA tirades! Still flying Go/Ryanair on your domestic positioning sectors (instead of the fictitious BA 'business' class)? Any bad experiences to report? Does anybody else remember the quote from phoney Tony that he wouldn't let BA go under, because I consider myself a bit of a newshound and I certainly don't remember Tony saying that either directly or implicitly.

Oscarh - this will amaze you but nobody is more acutely aware of just how much c*** BA is in than its pilots who frequent this forum (who are mostly shareholders as well). Thing is, sticking a few more seats on the aircraft (which will probably remain empty) won't save us. Downsizing to RJs on inferior terms won't save us. Only MASSIVE manpower and cost reductions from the companys bloated, inefficient, militant departments, followed by aggressive advertising and sales campaigns and a commitment to improve customer service levels would set us in the right direction. I console myself with the entirely rational thought that if we're going to sink under the weight of our £5 billion debt then theres nothing I, or the whole Flight Ops dept collectively, can do thats going to make one iota of difference. This thing is much bigger than all of us put together, and a whole careers worth of dedication from me won't make as much difference as one day of clear thinking, realism and determination from the board. If the companys demise is inevitable then I'm minded to take what I can now before theres nothing left.