PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2011, 02:22
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure of the specifics in that case but would have thought, given their past performance that it is unlikely that JQ will honour what has been said previously.

If it were me in charge of JQ and I had the same agenda as those in these positions now (not my true values) I would be emptying the hold file and inviting those previously successful candidates to re-apply and advising them that by re-applying their applications would be looked on favourably.

Then piss off the EBA guys to the point where they eventually all leave. I call it EBA cleansing!!!

Or am I being too synical??

The Kelpie

ps My feeling is that 'Jetstar Group' is being set up as no more than a pilot labour agency that has a written contract to supply pilots to the airline companies within the group. This gives the airline companies the option to hire and fire individuals as it pleases as the contracts of employment are between the pilot and the 'Agency'. The Agency has a legitimate reason to sack you because 'the client does not want you'. Or, if the 'Agency' loses the contract for say 'Australian bases' due to a downturn in work or seasonal fluctuationis it may be offerred 'New Zealand Bases' and all pilots have to relocate or face losing their job with the 'Agency' .No different to the Parc Aviations of the industry.

Australian IR system undermined!!!

Last edited by The Kelpie; 1st May 2011 at 02:36.