PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AgustaWestland TRTO Suspended?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2011, 16:20
Non-PC Plod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CPT is quite correct. Its not just the certification that matters, is how you are using the aircraft, and what your Ops manual and the authority require. If your Ops manual states that you operate multi-crew, then you need a multi-crew rating, even on an aircraft which may also be operated single-crew for other jobs. I have forgotten the exact wording but if you look at the definitions in JAR-FCL2 for "Multi pilot helicopter" it tells you that it is a helicopter which is required to be operated by more than one pilot, either because of certification, or by the authority, or by the ops manual. So, if your ops manual says so, it is de facto a multi-pilot helicopter and you must have MCC qualification and a multi-pilot rating.

End of the line - I dont know where you get all your information from. There is an MCC course available at A-W. There is also an SOP. I know, 'cos I wrote them both 2 years ago, although I have not yet been asked to deliver a course. There are also people who are perfectly capable, experienced and qualified to teach multi-crew on the simulator. There are also checklists, and we have a behavioural marker scheme. We have UK-qualified CRMIs and CRMIEs (there is no Italian equivalent). There are some obstacles still to be overcome particularly with regards to introducing multi-crew instruction on the real aircraft, but it is inaccurate to suggest there is no capability.

Last edited by Non-PC Plod; 30th Apr 2011 at 16:37.