PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Friendliest Airfield - I dont think so!
Old 30th Apr 2011, 15:34
moreflaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From reading this thread I think there are indeed some deficiencies in "management". The correct response is to take all criticism seriously, and then either reject it politely with no "tone" or accept that you need to understand the other POV.

A better response to the OP might be along the lines of:
"We are glad you enjoyed using our facilities and thank you for suggesting some improvements. We are working hard to make CA the best GA field possible and will certainly think about the car parking problem. Organic food is of course more expensive and we try to supply food that is both reasonably priced and acceptable to the majority. We may trial an organic dish in the future to see if that is a popular option. At this time we do not consider pressure washers to be a good way to clean aircraft (preferring handwashing) as it (1) removes rust inhibitors and lubricants from key components, is (2) more likely to lead to water in tanks via vents and imperfect filler caps (etc) (3) can lead to water entering cabins and (4) are not without risk to the operator. However we will bring this idea up at the next club AGM. Please feel free to offer further constructive suggestions."

WRT other observations, children climb on fences all the time (to get a better look), but they may know that that climbing _over_ the fence is verboten. I let my children climb on fences but also limit how far they go. I think tannoys should be used with the realization that not all people want that background noise. In my experience people who use a tannoy when a personal contact to politely point out the risks and and limits to the operational area etc. (maybe ask another pilot if you are too busy) really don't know that if you put an idiot on a tannoy you get a loud idiot whom everyone will identify.

my 2c. Cheers