PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 30th Apr 2011, 09:01
ComfortablyNumb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/O Boeing Dreamer

I would add the following comments to your post;
My own obsevations of the age profile of RYR new recruits is that the average age is in the 24-28 range. I could not say weather this is simply a reflection of the age profile of the applicants. There is certainly very few new F/O much over 30. I have no idea why this might be, there money is as good as anyone's ?. Maybe they are less moldable (interprete as you will ) .
Another possibility is they have alot of young Captains which may cause potential age issues. Not convinced of this myself as the young captains I know are very mature and profesional, I just put it forward as a possibility.

With regard to them wanting to get rid of F/O or get an employment turnover I think this is likely to be totally untrue. They have a ongoing shortage of Captains and would prefer to promote from within.
However the culture of Ryanair is one of universal contempt for everyone, suppliers, staff, customers without exception, this unfortunately means that staff inevitably leave when they get a ever so slightly better offer.

I personally would not bother with seeking redress from RYR. It is too much of a distraction from your real goal.....Good Luck