PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Down Langford Essex
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2011, 01:04
2M0SOERaymond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seen report Fridays Scottish Sun - Sad to read!

I was saddened to read of the report in the Scottish Sun of Friday 29th April. May I through this posting offer my condolences to the family & friends of the two folk.
My wife bought the paper for the wedding coverage, and gave the paper to me pointing out the story on page 29.
I wanted to know more about the origin of the aircraft, and Google headed me to this website.
I couldn't see anything about non PPL's registering, so I registered.

'Old Timer' mentioned about the only other fatality at NWA of which I am aware of, in which he lost a good friend.
I went to my NWA 'folder' in which I have kept as much 'printed matter' to do with North Weald from 1997 through to 2004, including the reports in the Harlow Star, dated April 27th 2000
I was there that Wednesday night for one of the Squadron talks, when I went into the Squadron I could tell immediately, that the radio news I had just heard at 7pm while driving to NWA, involved the two aircraft from NWA!
As OT said, a very, very sad occasion.
I know that these Formation Flying Weeks that have been running for many years, and I hope that they are able to continue later this year.

North Weald Airfield, the NWA Museum, and The Squadron have given me many fond memories during my time with them.
I sincerely hope that those involved with this latest tragedy, are able to come to terms with their loss, as quickly as possible.