PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helipads, hotels and Others: Requests, Recommendations & Rip-offs
Old 30th Apr 2011, 00:05
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
isn't there some way of getting all this valuable information into one searchable database that could be available to all?!
I have been thinking the same, I have input all the listed venues from this thread into a custom google map, if we continue to build on this it could be useful? I have given for each landing site the website link, contact no, and gps long/lat, we could go into a lot more detail (suitability of site for single engine, best approach direction, noise abatement, price of food/landing, photos etc but i haven't been to most of the sites). If you think it could be useful then keep listing your favorite places as it would be nice to have a google map accessible on any handheld device etc that we could use on the fly

If anyone wants to help at all, make changes, or add sites let me know as i can add you as a 'collaborator' by email so you can edit the map... the more the merrier as long as we follow some unified format. PM me if your interested to help. It's just a start but it could be a useful database if we put a bit of effort in...

Aucky

Edit: the google maps files can also be exported to GPS units as a GPX file, enabling you to have the lunch spots showing on memory map, air nav pro, and I assume many of the other devices that I am less familiar with. Here is a screen shot from memory map...

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited by Aucky; 30th Apr 2011 at 07:30.