PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AgustaWestland TRTO Suspended?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 22:23
cpt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The point is that JAA considers "Multi pilot" or "Single pilot" as 2 distinct qualifications for a same type of helicopter, even if this helicopter is single pilot certified.

When operating in a multipilot context (operational rules) pilots must be "MP" qualified (even on a "SP" certified helicopter)

To get a "MP" edorsement on your licence, you must have followed an approved MCC "generic" course, and an MP check ride on the type, or prove to your licensing Authority a previous level of experience with MP ops.

Now, you are not automatically "SP" (single pilot) qualified with a "MP" endorsement, you'll need for this a "SP" check-ride, of course done by a "type- SP" qualified TRE....(he must not only be MP qualified)

Validity of "MP" and "SP" matches the validity of the attached type qualification.

For instance, I'll not be allowed to fly with an engineer on the left seat, a S76 for a track and balance air test if I am not holding a valid "SP" endorsement. (even if I've flown hundred hours as a 76 "SP" in the past)....

Basically to keep SP and MP current, we need within the current type validity period ( 12 months) one SP check ride and one MP check ride....OK I'm stopping here, time for my sleep injection....