PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 22:06
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if anybody has noticed but Peel no longer run the airport or are even the sole owners. Despite the lack of news from the Canadians I am sure that they are working to turn it around as they are proven airport operators rather than property investors.
Peel still seem to have plenty of funds at their disposal as they have just bid almost £100 million for Pinewood studios so it would appear they are under no pressure to dispose of their holding in their airports division.
Bad news on BBC's Watchdog programme when they highlighted the ridiculous £6 charge to enter the airside of the airport. They equated it to paying to walk onto the platform to get a train, which is quite right.
It does take time to turn something like this airport which appears to have been run by inept management for the past 10 yrs into a going concern again. My only concern is the lack of information and good news stories being released to the press. Even in their darkest days the last management team made their disasters into positive spin.