PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 13:43
GarageYears

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so are we all done with the distraction related to the picture of the SSFDR? I think a number of folks have posted plausible explanations, assuming there is something to be explained, but to be honest after revisiting the original BEA website and looking at the original picture again - there seems to be very little to get excited about. Without the "oww, look here" oval, highlighting the alleged area of tampering, the picture looks normal to me, given the nature of the lighting and image format (.jpg).

To test this theory, I got a sampling (10 people) of my work colleagues to look at the picture, half without the yellow oval, half with. Guess what - none of the "withouts" mentioned the suspect area once. For those with the oval, 3 of the 5 who looked, thought there might be something going on, until they saw the original - 2 of them were divers and used to seeing odd stuff on the seabed - after explaining the reason for my poll, all agreed this was nothing to worry about.

P.S. We are NOT looking at an original from the ROV camera feed, but a picture taken of a screen. So the original fidelity of the image has CERTAINLY been compromised.