PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IndiGo with more fake pilots
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 11:15
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zeroth: an excellent summary. Accurate, succinct & non biassed to the many professional pilots in India suffering at the hands of widespread utter corruption (criminal) negligence in standards, training & recruitment - both local & expat alike.

I would like to hear from the AI pilots. Was your line check or sim training form completed before even entering the cockpit or sim? How many patterns (eg NDB/VOR/VNAV,etc, etc approachs were ticked as being completed yet were never performed? The same for non-normals? How can (local) TRI's gain creditation yet unable to fly a raw data approach with a 15 KT x-wind in VMC?

Corrupt, corrupt, corrupt to the core. And yet what is more disgusting is those bearing witness to such practices will rant that it isn't true & that such facts are embellished. Do a review of replies by locals, or even operating procedures at AI and you'll find utter xenophobia. (Eg at AI an expat TRE/I will be made cruise relief to a local Capt of perhaps up to 20 years less experience, or expat FO of > 10,000 hrs put as cruise relief to local kid with 175-220 hrs TT).

Side note: I spoke up against pilots with 175-220 hrs going straight to widebody RHS. I was told they will not be permitted to t/o or land, ie "given flying" for their first 2 years (I think was the number?) & incapacitation drills including autoland is drilled into them. So a) they are not kept current on t/o's & landings, and b) I told them as such a crew consisting of such a very junior FO cannot be permitted to operate into BOM or when BOM is an alternate due a 3.3 deg glideslope prohibiting autoland. Answer? "It's none of your business!"

As written many times: I witnessed first hand such practices. I resigned over it. The DGCA, FAA, ICAO, Boeing & the media all know about it & also have blood on their hands.

For reasons well put by Zeroth, the liklihood of a crew composed of corruptly obtained licenses, (criminally) negligent training & standards, or despicable standards of CRM is overwhelming (goes for FA's as well). The odds are against you, the passenger, of a favorable outcome as opposed to carriers not subject to these same overwhelming, protected & inherent practices. You will NEVER see me or my own on a VT registered aircraft.

Fly on a VT reg at your own risk & peril. Good luck, you'll need it because you're not safe.