PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fly EASA - PLEASE HELP
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2011, 00:21
BobD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK Tom Tom, I'll bite.

I don't work for EASA, but last month I got back from having the time of my life whilst getting a PPL at EASA. Most of the other posts on this topic are spot on, you won't be spoon fed, and you need some self discipline to ensure your get everything done in time (when there are plenty of distractions around). Like other posters, I would recommend an extra week, to allow for weather etc. I can also agree that it can be pretty gusty around Feb-March. It was also pretty hot, so I think it would be almost unbearable in July-August.

I really can't understand the negative comments about this organisation. OK, they are a commercial outfit, and you will pay for what you get, but in terms of value for money, they are hard to beat.

I have been PM'd by GAZ45, and been happy to answer any of the questions he raised, so I hope he has as good a time there as I did.

Whilst I was there, I did a daily blog with photos for the folks back home, so if you want to see what the place is like, and read a bit more about my experience, feel free to visit

Florida Blog

BobD

Last edited by BobD; 29th Apr 2011 at 15:49.