PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas and Its Appalling Brand Management
Old 28th Apr 2011, 21:46
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Was talking to a colleague at work yesterday (pilot) who is doing an MBA. He said that on the course he is doing, QF is held up as a beacon of what NOT to do. Apparently QF has one of the 'least educated' management workforces when it comes to formal training/ management degrees. His course talks about 'the ideal' and then they talk about Qantas.

I've cleaned the cabin, I've gone the extra mile for pax- a couple of days back walked down to the bulk to confirm for a nervous pax that her dog was actually on board- and done lots of things to keep the show on the road. I suspect my dodgy back would go if I tried chucking bags into the thing. I do all this for the passengers and my own personal pride. Sadly, given the fact that management don't recognise this, at some stage in the future I'm going to have to withdraw those extra efforts for a short period of time until they get the message.

Perhaps if you're not actually working for Qantas you shouldn't comment on what those who do work there will or will not do for their airline when they are properly acknowledged and respected by their management for our efforts.