PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new ATPL Notes - free for all
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 14:56
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

With regards to the accuracy of the notes, if you want to know what is "correct", the answer is whatever the CAA decides is correct. There are many questions in the question bank which are ambiguous. All of the major schools, as far as I can tell, are working very hard to have all of these questions clarified or removed, but unless/until that happens, it seems that there's no way of knowing for certain what the correct answer is in these cases.

But do query your instructors... there was a case on this forum very recently where someone highlighted a difference between Oxford and Bristol feedback. Alex from Bristol checked their (Bristol's) answer and found that it was wrong. It's certainly possible that there's a genuine mistake in one or the other set of notes.

FFF
-------------

PS - I haven't looked at your website yet, I don't have time, although I will hopefully get a chance to look later on. But how close is your website to the Oxford notes, and what is the legality of publishing this? I'm only asking because I know that there are Oxford instructors on this site regularly, and I'm sure they'll be on your back if there's any issue....