PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 19:55
DennisK

Location: Kings Caple, Ross-on-Wye.orPiccots End. Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Memory fades

Ah well ... the man of great flair, panache and 'uncle Tom Cobley' has a failing memory and now I have the correct registration ... Yes, I remember it well ... as the great Maurice Chevalier would have sung! I think I may have fooled myself by recalling that I actually demonstated G-BAWI to Lotus at his Sunseeker base but actually supplied G-BAAU. The Westland Whirlwind owner, Roger Windley DID buy G-BAWI tho.' My log book for the period remains elusive. Savoia, it wasn't possible to sell Mr Chapman the latest Enstrom's snazzy 280C turbo Shark since they hadn't made the model at the time!

The Enstrom supplied to one of the two founder members of the Helicopter Club of Great Britain, Cy Rose, (the other being Tony Everard) was the first Enstrom 28C-2 turbo model to be imported. Dash 2 'cos it had the one piece cabin glass a la Bell 47 and all the new aircraft in those days were Dash something or other! If I rack my brains enough the reg may pop up. But it was mostly blue with a unique gold and bold colour scheme. I delivered it to Tony's home one Saturday morning just off the M40 near Gerards Cross. (Hedgerley I think)

Hope someone is liking all this! Dennis Kenyon.