PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK A380 crews need not fear Indian turnarounds!
Old 28th Apr 2011, 14:17
Bypass ratio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I admit that the passenger appeal is there. I enjoy First Class on the A380 for the following reasons:

It's comfortable,
It's very quiet, &
The bar is an awsome area to pass the time & meet people.

Personally, I think the shower spa is a gimmick, but that's just me.

I know it sounds like another slinging match between Airbus & Boeing devotees but when you look at the flight plans, the numbers, the payload, the range, the infrastructure required, the Boeing 777-300ER prints money for Emirates almost regardless of whether it's completely full or half empty.

You may point to EK management making right decisions and earning the big bucks for the company, but have you ever thought beyond and looked at the complete MENA (Middle East Nations) attitude of wanting bigger, brighter and newer without proper decison making and planning? I don't think EK is immune to this thinking and personally, I think Emirates have made the wrong decision on numbers ordered with the A380 in its future expansion plans. It will definitely forsee a niche in the market but a monumental mis-management decision has been made on this aircraft.

Last edited by Bypass ratio; 28th Apr 2011 at 14:29.