PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 10:46
snowfalcon2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Centrosphere

I definitely donīt identify with the conspiratory fringe. But I find the image of the box found at the bottom strange.

Just have a look, in the original image, at the region I have marked here. If you amplify that region with Paint, youīll see that the texture of the pixels are different from the rest of the image. It seems to me like someone tinkered with the image.

But I really canīt think about a reason for that.
To me it looks like the area you point out is the middle of the picture. It also appears to be (quite logically) the area where the two main searchlight beams converge. This implies that all shadow areas "vanish" in that particular area of the picture, making the surface features appear very low contrast and featureless.
Towards the sides of the picture the shadows appear different as you can see the sharp shadows from each individual searchlight beam. The twin beams also make the shadow of the DFDR chassis look rather odd.

A somewhat similar optical effect appears when you look from your airplane exactly down-sun i.e. towards the airplane shadow. The shadow is surrounded by a light "halo" with very low contrast.