PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF - "Heavy"
Thread: QF - "Heavy"
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 08:35
regitaekilthgiwt

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
FFS

Sinstar320 and Gunger are you serious?
Worries me that you don't understand how to read the AIP, so let’s instead just rant about QF drivers and 767 pilots

Perhaps in line with with the level of your behaviour you need it spelled out like a two year old:

GEN 3.4.5.6
For aircraft in the heavy or super wake turbulence category, the word “SUPER” or “HEAVY” shall be included immediately after the aircraft call sign in the initial radiotelephony contact with the approach control unit or aerodrome control tower on departure and arrival.

GEN 3.4.5.14.8 After Take-off
Note 2: On 1st contact with radar advise wake turbulence category if ‘Super’ or ‘Heavy’.

GEN 3.4.5.14.4.1
Taxi Procedures for departure at a controlled aerodrome.
*[flight number] [aircraft type] [wake trubulence category if “Super of Heavy”] [POB (number)] [DUAL (or SOLO)] RECEIVED (ATIS identification) [SQUAWK (SSR code)] [aircraft location] [flight rules, if IFR] [TO (aerodrome of destination] REQUEST TAXI [intentions].

*Denotes pilot transmission.

words in [ ] are optional additional words or information that may be necessary in specific instances.

To continue to spell it out: we don't say POB as ATC already have that information, nor DUAL as it is not considered necessary, the PDC has been read back or a clearance has been obtained-that covers the squawk, they know where we are as we told them when requesting pushback, they know we are IFR as that is in the flight plan as is where we are going.

Summary: Advise "SUPER" or “HEAVY” on 1st contact with SMC, Tower, radar Departures & Approach.

While we are bagging each other, some A380 pilots could read this section of the AIP too and stop telling ground they are “Super” when requesting pushback. I know you are eager to say it (lets face it who wouldn't be ) but again GEN 5.14.3 1.a * [aircraft location] REQUEST PUSHBACK

Hope this clears it up and you can move on with your life and not get so frustrated at those f-ing qf 767 drivers following the rules

If you don't like it get the rules changed...I wish you good luck because I like most are sick of saying it!

Sorry to others for the flying lesson but they asked for it...........next