PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 28th Apr 2011, 08:35
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think any specific group has been 'targetted' by this recruiting period, that isn't BAs' 'style' so to speak. Perhaps you are confusing it with the re-opening of the military 'managed path' which does, obviously, target the Military?

As to commuting, BA recommend being within 2 hours of your base. As a grown, consenting adult (at least within Flight Ops that's how you are considered!) you can choose to live where you wish and many do. We have lots of LH and SH commuters living in Europe and some living further afield. One Airbus Captain I know well lives in Miami and I know of a couple of SFO's who live in Canada and Australia to name but a few.

The caveat is that the company will have sympathy for those who live within the two hour boundary and are late for reasons of congestion, traffic. breakdown etc. But slightly less sympathy for commuters who fail to make adequate arrangements prior to report. I have never heard of anyone having any problems with commuting though and my J/S policy for the cockpit has always been flight crew first, all others second.

Enjoy.