PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 08:03
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So as not to detract from the Sharkey / Harriers bonkers threads I post these links into here because, after all, WEBF keeps telling us

This thread is intended to be a focal point for discussing issues relating to the RN's future aircraft carriers and the aircraft that they will carry (JCA/JSF/F35, Merlin, MASC and others)
BBC News - Aircraft carriers cost rises by at least £1bn

BBC - Peston's Picks

So where exactly is this £1Bn-£2Bn going to come from? Are we going to buy less F35C? Are the RN going to lose more boats?

It could be argued that as the carriers are now costing more additional money that they are as much an option for the chop as anything else.

And for a bit of minor banter .....

How are the RN going to blame the RAF for this cost growth ...?

And doesn't £1Bn-£2Bn buy you an awful lot of hotel rooms and pizza in Italy ....?

And I can't believe I beat WEBF to this post. I mean, he always posts any link, however vague, that mentions the future carrier within seconds of it appearing. Need to check your Google Alerts.... Perhaps the BBC are not considered a reliable source. Must check out Sharkeys blog, or The Sun - bound to be something on there about it