PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Wedding Flypast
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2011, 06:56
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
For the Grumpy old PPruners

I posted this on the other Royal Wedding Flypast thread about 3 weeks ago:
Bah humbug, grumble grumble...biggest public event for 30 years....a day we'll all remember...grumble grumble....I remember seeing Kate and Wills, gosh they looked so young then...a huge waste of public money....spend it on schools...it was great to see BBMF and operational aircraft, mind you, no Harriers....he was a proper pilot, he was....those days we could get a 1000 soldiers lining the route....tears in me eyes....grumble grumble...waste of my day off....Charles and Di? yes I remember that day too....proper street party in them days....'elf and safety...waste of money....made you proud to be British....we could really do them events in those days....grumble grumble....didn't get TOIL...bloody asylum seekers...the RAF was 41,000 strong then...could fit'em in me local sports centre now....waste of money...all them horses an' manure...who'll pay for that lot, eh? Aye, was a grand day...bloody bands? Who need's em....bloody Army....ad nauseum
Well, I'm looking forward to it - off to help host a diplomatic reception tomorrow: good food and wine and some amazingly eager locals and expats who would put many UK-based people to shamewith their fervour!

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 28th Apr 2011 at 07:11.