PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta A330 Stall/Buffet incident enroute to AMS
Old 28th Apr 2011, 03:20
perigeemw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DAL A330 incident BOM - AMS

Here is a posting from a Facebook FA friend who was on the flight:

Just in from my AMS-Bom trip...aday late with horrible mechanicalin BOM...terribly mishandled by groundstaff in BOM...AC left with inop IFE and inop BE seats...3hours in...with all systems in cockpit reporting normal...AC went in to pre-stall condtions.bagan shuttering and loosing speed...thanks to AWESOME FO's they saved the day...Pilots said 10seconds more or if they had not noticed,we would have gone into full stall and gone down...Had to switch to alternate systems and declare air emergencyover IRAN for about an hour..unit all was stabalized. Dispatch in ATL tried to send AC out that AM...although KLM mechanics were pulling computers and even the black box. Apparently in the "shift change" in ATL they failed to relay the degree of the situation...OOPs...10 seconds to stal lat 35000 feet and somebody forgot]to say it was important. KUDOS to my pilot sand FA crew and awsome CRM and fantastic respect between FA's and Flight Deck!!! Fantastic professional FA's who NEVER lost thier cool,maitained thier composure,reviewed thier safety procedures and were an ASSET in every way to our profession!!! I amSO proud to fly and workwith people like this.Deadheading home,the working crew had a medical & and because the working crew was busy,my crew got up and assisted !!! 7 days of mechanicals,delays,an almost death defying stall,andmy crew continued with the most SUPERIOR professional serviceandability! I wasproud tobe part ofthat group!!!