PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question about the cyclic delay
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 16:47
delta3
Passion Flying Hobby Science Sponsor Work

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab

You are jumping a little fast to conclusions.

It pretend this is an advanced integrated simulator developped 6 years ago. (not really a humble statement, because I made it). It does very detailed aero dynamic calculations about 500 times per second based on pretty advanced aerodynamic models (not just your plain to earth second order model, but full viscous flow, including stall, but that has been explained 5 years ago). It models most aerodynamic parts including rotor blades, hull, fins and implements inertial calculations in full detail of most (ridgid) parts. So it can correctly predict extreme flight paths and explain detailed air flow in the rotor. It cannot predict vibrations. In all experiments I checked to date with real flight data it showed to be more precise then measurable (typically better then 5%)

I have the complete film the simulator generates from different view points (pilot, outside observer) but from where I am, I cannot extract and post it. Perhaps I will post some snap shots if I can find the time.

But I sincerely think the graph answers precisely Levi's question, without having to go in such detail. I'll try to post the pilot view every second, pretty scarry indeed because after 10 second you crash). You will see the first two seconds consist mostly of a forward pitching and that the blow back if very impressive.

d3