PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Only in South Africa ...
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2002, 08:46
Gunship
GunsssR4ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Bad news - sorry

Tassie's (Tassenberg Dry Red Wine ) for the not - so well informed and uncultured human beings is NOT for export. Even South Africans got their pride man

Seriously I see on the box (still on the pub counter next to the old laptop) - it says : Produced in South Africa and SPAIN ?. The good part : FILLED in South Africa.

Ok re taxi's, highways and bi-ways ... latest news : The 206 Thief / Taxi - driver is still gone ..

I am phoning Snakedriver now as he is in my town .. he can assist you guys in the what Tassies taste like ... oh also known as "Oom (uncle) Tas".

Have a gr8 day - we have a holiday again .. some sort of Heritage Day ... now taht is another subject and surely not for this flying related forum ... cheerss

Here are some serious rumours from another Forum ....

Not Stolen?

What does one do with a stolen aircraft? Indeed - perhaps the intention wasn't to steal it, as the thread above correctly suggests that the miscreant was inbound FAWB when the fuel ran out. It strikes me as a stupid dare/prank that went wrong. Perhaps it was a penniless CPL student who thought it would be better to "borrow" an aircraft without paying to log time rather than create fraudulent logbook entries.

xxxxxxxxxx

No it wasn't me, I have enough difficulty landing on runways during daylight with power to hand.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Dont drink and drive, smoke grass and ...

xxxxxxxxxxx

In SA we leave our erries outside and unlocked whilst we have gearlocks and immobilisers in our cars. The first time that I ever saw a throttle lock on a C182 was in the USA. They have a huge problem there with A/C theft to run contraband.

Was this trip not maybe a night trip to Swaziland for turbo-cabbage, or Mozambique for stones?

Just a thought...

xxxxxxxxxx

The possibitlity crossed my mind too, but I don't think 1.6 hours is enough to get across the border and back in a 206. My imagination running wild!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How about this one?

If I had a body to dispose of the best alternative would be to load into an aircraft already rigged for parachutists fly over the Vaal (or Hartebeespoort) dam and do a drop, return the aircraft and the deed is done. I will buy a beer for anyone with a better story the next time they visit the Algoa Flying Club.
xxxxxxxxxx

He was heading in the wrong direction to drop a body in the Hartebeespoort Dam. So its my guess that he was an oriental chap that had just failed his CPL and was planning on doing a "Death or no honour" Kamikaze nose dive into the local Buddist Temple.

xxxxxxx

Actually, guys, you're making it way too complicated. It's just a guy dropping some skydivers for a night jump,... and then he went to look for them on the ground to see if they landed OK.
Do I qualify for a beer too now? Please?Not even just a light one?

Last edited by Gunship; 24th Sep 2002 at 09:42.