PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - G-HEMS
Thread: G-HEMS
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2011, 00:31
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. There were stressful times and not so stressful times, with certainly a few stories along the way.

Firstly, I would share the sentiments above. Thanks to Ken and Davey for taking care of 6009. Also thanks to all the pilots that flew her professionally and made sure that she returned each day to the caring hands of engineering, as well as Lawrie who kept things in order.

It was no easy task taking care of a machine in a far away country where resources can sometimes be scarce (and not necessarily because we don't wish to put them in place). Supporting an aircraft in a harsh environment with demanding schedules can be tough at the best of times. Not for the faint of heart.

Epithany - when she turned up at PDG she had been at sea, and in sea ports for a couple of months prior to which she had sat for a while. Regardless of preparation, no aircraft is going to be 'line-presentable' after a period like that. I think had you actually seen her in service day to day, you may well have been pleasantly surprised given the tasking. As for the state of the cabin, i think someone else may have to answer for that one unless there were goings on of which i am not fully aware - i'm sure there were a few

I was personally happy to see her go to a good home and I hope that she continues to serve well.

regards to all
George Morris