PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2011, 18:47
bearfoil

ChristiaanJ

Perhaps the remote operated vehicles can equip the recorders with a proper pinger on their way up in case they fall off the larger assembly....

Turbine D

Many thanks for the rundown on the GE version of Roll's TotalCare. With each TRENT's DEP, it becomes clear why constant monitoring is applied. Inflight tuning of each individual engine on wing begs a babysitter....??

Each engine has its systems, its personality(DEP), and its quirks.....

I think some patience has been injected into this thread as a whole, as I perceive a re-look at some dogma and stubborn opinion, some of it my own. The InFlight a/c is a discrete community, with a culture (micro) that obeys long standing protocol and systems. Communications with the outside world is most often last on any list of priorities. Even 121.5 is no help, before, during and after; no one flying believes a "last known position" will help the cause at all. Other than critical chat between pilots in an emergency, procedures are "trained for", and once alerted and commanded, these procedures are time proven to be executed without questions and fear. Survival is a teamwork thing, and the team is inside the ship, not away. So what has happened aboard 447 is virtually certain to have been done by professionals, well-skilled, and focused on duties, not outcome.