PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Asia Recruitment process
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2011, 12:40
Touch'n'oops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

It's no big secret, but I'd tell your friend to pull his finger out and do his own research.

You asked for it:

The interview is a pleasant experience. Expect to have a panel of 5 people interviewing you. The people you can expect to see are:

Chief Pilot
Head of flying operations
Flight Ops Manager
Head of Human Resources
Human resources Executive

(No names, because if you are serious you can do the research. I did.)

They are all very good people.

You will be asked technical and personal questions, ranging from things to do with the aircraft to common aviation related subjects.

Sample questions
"What are vortex generators? What do they do? where do you find them on the A320?"
"How does the WX radar work?"
"Show us on the white board how TCAS works."
"What are the biggest threats to safety when operating in Asia?"
"What do want to achieve at Jetstar?"
"What do you know about life in Singapore?"
"Why do you think you will be happy here?"

My most important bit of advice, is to ask them how much detail do they want you to go into. If they don't give you an idea, just give a block of information then stop and they will encourage you to expand if they want you to.

Jetstar Asia want to hire a great guy to work with, so don't be angry a*** hole. One Captain came for an interview from AirAsia X and he attacked AirAsia throughout the whole interview. The result, I heard Dickie saying they could never employ someone who so openly and angrily criticize their previous company. He did add, that is okay to have an opinion, it is how you express it defines the man.

You will go into the simulator. Expect:
1. Normal take off, hand flown.
2. Incept a radial while hand flying and using raw data.
3. Steep turns in both directions. First at 25 degrees bank then 45 degrees, with only the bird.
4. Hand flown visual approach to land.
5. Engine Fire/Failure after Take Off all the way to landing (Note landing will be single engine and hand flown. Auto Pilot is available for the whole flight until this point.)

Use your own SOPs, you will not be expected to know Jetstar's.

Last but not least GOOD LUCK