PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Apr 2011, 06:07
Mystico

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ OCH....

I had my assessment the 30th or march. These were my technical questions and of my pal.
Feel free to PM me if you need any more info.

· Describe High-Bypass
o Bypass ratio 5:1 so 80% gets bypassed and 20 % goes into the standard 4 stroke cycle (interrupted)

· Ok, Which engines does the 737 have and is this high bypass?
o CFM 56-7 and yeppers

· Ok, how much voltage does the engine produce? and How much Hertz?
o 115 V and 400Hz

· Ok, what is the Hertz when the engine doesn't rotate that fast(f.e. during landing or on the ground?)
o Still 400Hz. (Constant speed drive, but didn't even got the time to explain this)

· Does a Seneca has a critical engine.?
o No. (Didn't even got the time to explain why:P)

· What is a yaw damper?
o To make coördinated turns and to prevent Dutch roll.

· What is Dutch roll?
o A negative effect of swept wings. Basically when your plane banks to the right, the left wing goes up resulting in a bigger angle of attack. That left wing will stall into the bank making the turn uncoordinated and eventually a roll.

· Name more disadvantages of a swept wing!
o Wing tip stalling, less lift in low speeds(and again he immediatly interrupted me with the next question)

· Ok, how do we counter the effect of low lift?
o Flaps and slats to increase area and camber.

· Ok, how are the flaps operated?
o By 2 hydraulic systems, A and B.

· Ok, how are those systems driven?
o Engine driven and electrically driven.

· What is V2?
o A safe speed for SE operations to reach the screen height. It’s limited by VMCA and VR. (He asked if I knew some other speed) Oh yeah VS of course.
o Ok now he tried to fool me. He said ok. So V2 = 1.2x VMCA and 1.1 Vs. I corrected him and said no, it is 1.1x VMCA and 1.2x Vs. He laughed and continued

These were the questions I heard. Basically I prepared by using 'Ace the Technical pilot interview".
I kinda saw it as the bible and I took it everywhere with me and learned my ass off.