PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever get a break?
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 21:14
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyvirgin - Six months is not long. I know it's painful waiting, but that's life. But could one of the reasons you got knocked back be because of your spelling? But I digress, what is really concerning is that you feel that you'll be letting your friends and family down. Why? For some perverse reason you've decided to try and get a job in an industry where victim supply vastly outstrips demand. If you walk away you won't be letting them down - but I do hope you haven't borrowed money from them.

But if you do stick around, what you'll have to do is keep doing the rounds and constantly add things to your CV, like HollingworthP has suggested. Adding French, German or Spanish as a language is probably worth a year's flying. It would also be great fun learning as well. The more mundane additions (but very useful) could be a St John's Ambulance First Aid course. Things like this separate you from the others - because as you are finding out, pilots are two-a-penny. It's the non-flying things that are really important.

And regarding Neptunus Rex's post -

And he wears glasses!
Well that's understood, but was he ginger?