PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 2 Eng Failure,No Fuel, Why Vapp is 150kt
Old 25th Apr 2011, 15:06
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks Rubber Dog,

Should perhaps explain I’m presently away from my (out-of-date) manuals, and stuck with a pay-as-you-go, dial-up internet connection at 30Kb/s...

To return to pacific900’s thread subject: if you are lucky enough to get the APU started, you’ll retain Blue hydraulics from the RAT, and gain Yellow from the AC pump. Green will then also be available, courtesy of the PTU. All these will be of limited power, leading to big pressure falls under load. Nevertheless, is Normal Law retained for the approach and landing?

In the other case, where the APU fails to start, you are presumably stuck with Blue hydraulics only. if so, I guess we are talking about Alternate Law, slow THS, slow elevators, slow ailerons, limited spoilers, slow rudder, slats only (no flaps), and free-falling the L/G? With the new spec of RAT that you guys enjoy, does the flight-control law still downgrade from Alternate to Direct when the L/G is selected down?

Chris