PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 25th Apr 2011, 14:30
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many are pissed off with coming to this thread only to read negative post from people who are not clever enough to do something about their predicament here in Doha. If you don't like it that much, then they should just leave instead of going on about it. You're not going to change anything here by posting crap on pprune.

British Guy

Tell your mate, if he comes to Doha, don't believe anything he is told at the interview regarding fleet as it can change at the drop of a hat.

He would be much better coming here and getting an Airbus rating, and then should he decide to leave the Middle East it will stand him in good stead of future recruitment possibilities. Being here at Qatar, you also have the potential to move onto different fleets in the future.

I am 320 fleet and yes the rosters are busy and lots of night flying. If he does not want to do that, then maybe a pilots job is not for him. The aircraft here are clean and well looked after. You're paid on time every month and little chance of being made redundant. You may get sacked for cocking up, but tell me where you would not. Lot's of negative comments on here, but those that are happy can't be arsed coming here and reading the crap from those that do nothing but moan. It's simple, if you don't like it, leave, its his train set.

Do your job, fly the plane, go home and relax.

When it gets to the point your that unhappy and don't enjoy what you are doing, then its simple....you leave! It wont do you any favours to stay.

Many are ok and happy here, but you won't hear much of that as they can't be arsed to read half the crap that gets posted.

People also post on here about management. I am not interested. I go to work, print my paperwork off and fly the aircraft without breaking the law or killing myself or anyone else. Also make sure the guy sat next to me is not going to kill me or anyone else. After that, I go home and if I am off for a few days, and get some beers drank. How hard can it be. Why do people go on as if its the worst place to work.