PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CitiExpress Base at Gatwick
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2002, 19:59
citrus200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really KK - i read with interest.......

"CFE Management could have done it and made a profit"

where did the chief pilot at LGW originate from???? granted CM may not be able to do all he wants too do and may have his hands tied by the chaps from down the road - but surely LGW management has a little to say about the operation which their running............

For example surely there are better ways of improving morale than rostering pilots to 4 sector days with 40min turnarounds, finishing the day with 15 minutes to spare before going into discretion? with certain departments expecting you to extend FDP on day 5 of early`s, when its hard enough to remember which spot you parked your car in............and dont tell me those on the 4th floor have no influence on the `renegade scheduling dept`

This is but a tiny example of how morale has got to be improved, if the pax see a smily face with every body enjoying there job people tend to be happier and things pull together a lot more! look at whats happened to eng/drivers/cc - if the employees were treated better the operation would run a lot better and some of the `missing links` in the chain ( which we see daily and which causes most of the disruptions) would in my opinion, not occur.