PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alcohol Testing of Flight Crew
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 13:24
homesick rae
Aluminum Tubing Inspector
Aluminum Tubing Inspector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall, when flying with a now defunct charter operator, that I had to report a fellow crew member who was denied boarding to pax back to LGW from NCL. We had flown up a couple of days earlier with a flight the following day to Corfu, arriving back in the wee hours. We all decided to have a couple beers to wind down before getting some kip for our afternoon flight back South...except one of the CC decided to have a few more and went onto the cognacs. I came down in the afternoon and he was still sitting drinking. As soon as he stood up, and wobbled, I warned him he might get refused. He did. As SCCM I spoke with the ground staff who said he could possibly get on the next flight if he sorted himself out. We also had the problem of a report from the ground staff being submitted. After an hour, Special Branch had been called as he had been a bit obnoxious and aggressive. Unfortunately, I was instructed to get his ID and he was suspended with immediate effect. He was actually a Purser too but I was lead due to seniority. It was sad to see but he certainly controlled his own destiny - or should I say, the booze did.