PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - oxford
Thread: oxford
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2002, 19:45
PFD
Ground instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alex said

These 'statistics' are inconsistent to say the least and have been the subject of at least three complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority in the recent past. More will follow if you keep on.
I have searched the ASA website (from 1999), who publish full reports of all 'Upheld Complaints' and I can find none against Oxford. However I did find one informally resolved complaint dated 10th July 2002 which means that someone had a moan and ...

"After consideration of complaints received, the ASA gave advice to the following organisations, all of which agreed to suitable amendments"

So I would just like to ask, where are the other 2 recent complaints?

Stating that an organisation has been the subject of
at least three complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority
is surely negative advertising if not Libelous when printed in a Public forum such as this.

er82 is right, Mike just answered a question in his fashion, and he is rightly proud of his figures so he stated what they are, he didn't even state the higher ones (with explanation) from the Website.

If I wanted I could post rather damaging facts about particular FTO's, but I am above that sort of behaviour, and was rather hoping that all staff from FTO's were.

For apple, please read the posts, but ring or email the relevant FTO's you are interested in, do your research and make up your own mind. No one FTO can guarantee you a job, but they will all (I hope) do their best to make sure you are prepared for one. I will email you personally with further info.

Regards to all, and I mean all.