PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Susi Air
Thread: Susi Air
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 10:11
samasama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ronaldo69, not sure where you got those questions from but from my experience most of them are not true.

Q1. The pay. Yes the pay is not great at Susi Air. However, the cost of living in Indonesia is cheap and when you consider your housing, transport, food etc is also paid for it is possible to live from the salary. A starting Captains on $2,000USD tax free per month which is better than what starting crews are paid in the US on larger regional aircraft.

Q2. Fly in the worst weather on earth? Please, don't be so insulting. The weather in Europe, Alaska, Candada, USA can be much worse than here. None of the crews I have ever worked with WOULD EVER put themselves at risk of flying in any adverse weather. We ALL want to get home at the end of the day and enjoy our lives.

Q3. Lie and screw your friends? Maybe that says something about your personality, or your maturity level. Personally I don't need to lie or screw any of my friends.

Q4. Promise not to write up a snag. Never been an issue for me so far.

Q5.Work any amount of hours and fly overweight. Sorry mate but your seriously barking up the wrong tree here. We monitor our F & D times and daily have to upload them to the web so that adherence to the regs is maintained. As for flying overweight, I've done W & B on my legs and NEVER once have I nor any of the crew I have flown with EVER agreed to fly overweight. Either pax, baggage or cargo comes off, simple. It's our lives at the end of the day and so far I haven't flown with anyone who wants to shorten theirs or mine.

Q6. Re: Susi and Christian. OK I will grant you that you may have some truth in this comment.

Ronaldo69, I don't want to enter into any debate or slanging match with you. Maybe you were burnt by the company in the past I don't know and that is why you feel the way you do.

The company has it's good and bad points, but then so does everywhere. It's up to you what you make of the experience though. For the others I say come with your eyes wide open and enjoy the experience for what it is and that for most people is a very good start logging turbine time in brand new well equipped aircraft, especially when compared to the smaller backyard GA operators in other countries who fly 30 - 40 year old aircraft and do force their young naive pilots into working overweight, over hours etc.

Bankrunner, yes there are jobs available on the Porters. They don't come up very often though for good reason :-)