PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 09:55
902Jon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis - I remember your t/r failure at the Cranfield World Championships. I was just completing my CPL at Trent and the opportunity to watch the greats performing was unmissable. Watching you control the aircraft after the failure (during some amazing aeros) was amazing. I remember you making 5 or 6 approaches to the runway until you thought you had it just right and committing yourself. Zimmermans display was awesome - at that time I had no idea that helicopters were even capable of the things he did in that BO105. A real privilege to have been there.

studentpilotmcuk - I flew with Bond after gaining my CPL (above) at the end of the 80's. G-BMAL was flying for CHC at North Denes up until last year, when it was sold to Canada. According to G-INFO it had over 28000 hours when it was de-registered. KM the 365C was flown at Humberside until it was replaced by the 365N2's. These in turn stopped flying last year when Bristow won the BP and Conoco contracts at HUY.

Of course I should add that Griffo did educate me at Bond into the capabilities that the 365N had...........