PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett and the Fokker Friendship
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2011, 09:04
SIUYA

Received 81 Likes on 25 Posts
The Melbourne "skygod's" on the F-27 must have been a delight to fly with!
In the early 80's, a couple were great - the rest weren't all that much fun though. Sometimes on a check flight you just KNEW you'd already fcuked-up the moment you walked out your front door on the way to work for a check with some of those pr1cks.

They know who they were.............DON'T YOU!

The depths of bastardry some of them would go to on checks was something else again!

There were some really great guys who moved onto the F27 as their first command during that period! And they were a pleasure to fly with. But not many of the check captains were unfortunately.

Like i said, there were a few exceptions! And they were good guys too, who really taught you to understand WHY you'd 'goofed' something on a check whenever it happened (which for me was usually every time....my excuse is that no-one's perfect! ).

I was really relieved to finally move on from the 'mouse' to (thank God) the B727, which was well away from where many of the said folks who thought they could walk on water and seemed as though they wore their undies on the outside of their uniforms moved to (the B737 fleet) at that time.