PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air pollution in HKG
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 23:43
hongkongfooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the bright side: on your public holidays the weather is always nice and sunny...can not have anything to do with offices/factories closed in HKG today can it?????
Coast, sorry to rain on your parade but the REALLY sad thing is that when everyone is looking out saying " oh, what a beautiful Hong Kong day " for example, yesterday ( 24/4/11 ), the pollution is still double the WHO maximum. Yesterday the sulphur dioxide, PM10 and nitrogen dioxide where all double or more and at no stage did they get below the maximum WHO level, of course the muppet government reported yesterday as green ( 2nd best level according to HKs BS out of date system )

Bare in mind that, although many of you guys or your kids got better leaving HK for a while, the destruction of airways/noses can be irreversible. Picked up my nose allergies in HK, even out of HK for an extended time I still never breath like I used to do.
And there in lies the rub, I hear people say " when I see the first sign of pollution damaging my kids, I'm outta here " , well I'm sorry to tell you at that point it could be too late.

and Vibes, I'm with you