PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Friendliest Airfield - I dont think so!
Old 24th Apr 2011, 23:42
Dawdler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conventional Gear.

I think you protest too much. The feedback form is likely to generate responses of all types depending on many factors. The date of the next members meeting etc., the proximity of home address of the member concerned to the airfield. I suppose the member could have written to the committee suggesting the changes he proposed, but isn't that what the feedback form was for?

You don't have to agree that his suggestions are practical, affordable or even desirable, but the opportunity to reply presents the person responsible to engage the member in more involvement in the club. (After all if he can afford to fly AND have an expensive car, he might possibly be a new source of funds).

Clearly the response from the club was ill-thought out and possibly a bit rushed. It might however be a true response from someone unable to accept criticism. The initial feedback as reported on here, started off being complimentary, so it wasn't all bad. As a committee member for many years of a boating organisation, I can assure you that not all suggestions received merit much further thought, but they all demand a polite response.