PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink update
Thread: Blink update
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 20:53
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason they have failed or failing is the recession, if they had had 2 to 3 years runup to the market we had in late 2006 / 2007. Then theres a chance just a chance that it might have worked.

Reflecting over 30 odd years in the industry doesn't deserve the kudos it sounds like it does unfortunately, aircraft change, industries change, with 30% of the corporation tax revenue coming from the financial sector, the advent of online searching for suppliers...

The lower cost end of the market will bring in new money and new business so in some ways by using mustangs, Blink were better equipped than anybody else including centreline to expand a market with new custom. People spouting off that the market will only ever be one size is showing no memory of recent pre recession times gone by. My old Excel sold for more in 2007 than we paid for it in 2001 - you telling me there was no new money about then??

Without sounding like a suited powerpoint presenter, in a better market guided by somebody with a straight bat and a bit of vision, they might have made it run true to the business plan in which case when they swapped to Phenom 100s added Excels and Phenom 300's to the fleet and expanded into Europe you traditional operators would have been in trouble without doubt.

The reason why I say this is your dependence on brokers, for its them in truth Im worried for. They'll no doubt argue about getting the right aircraft for the right price but there may be a couple of major broker players in 20 years but the rest will lack the will or financial resources to commit to technologies that havent been created yet, where will your business come from then?

Rather than sit back and sound off with a "told you so attitude", you might consider the recession your friend, Blinks management did traditional operators a huge favour....me.... I think you've had a narrow escape...