PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Friendliest Airfield - I dont think so!
Old 24th Apr 2011, 19:35
Conventional Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gasax, I can assure you I have absolutely no vested interest.

I just have a different perspective of what a website feedback form usually functions as. Being the recipient of the contents of several, I can assure you most people DO NOT use them to suggest you totally change your operation, build new car parks etc.

As for the tannoy, sometimes on sunny days we get that at our field, mostly so you can hear the RT as it adds to the atmosphere. I quite like it. Anything over a tannoy probably sounds gruff etc if directed at the public, so yes probably a very small mistake to do so.

I think comments like What planet are you people from? are best answered by saying, the small friendly airfield planet, where I spend a lot of very nice days surrounded by generally pleasant and intelligent people from all levels of flying and all walks of life. I very much appreciate the efforts of my flying club and the staff which btw is in no way connected to this thread. You get the odd total 'a***se' as this thread proves, but fortunately fairly rare.

I don't think feedback forms should be positive, but making the most ridiculous demands when clearly you are a longterm club member who could have brought up any of these points in person seems to me like it had a motive from the start.