PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - qatar buying royal nepal ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2002, 16:50
A300Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mister Geezer,

Your response above makes a hell of a lot of sense. In fact, the 757 would be an ideal sized aircraft for the route, given the fact that QR currently operates both the A300 and A320 on the route.......the 757 in its mid-size configuration would give optimum pax capacity, being neither too big or too small.

However, regardless of the situation in Nepal at the current time, I think that (as Kenoco has suggested and I have also on previous occasions) QR should devote a little more time to getting their own house in order, and not spend money on foreign headaches at this stage.

The same comments would apply to reputed investments in Sudan and Biman, and not just RNA.

Doha - I don't really know what you mean in your post, to be honest, but if my assumption is correct, you are saying that foreign investment by QR in other carriers would be a good thing in that it would generate revenue and eventually raise the profile of QR (?) I agree that eventually this would be the ideal. However, at present, should't Qatar Airways spend a bit more time looking inwards at themselves and ironing out current problems.........before increasing these through strategic acquisition?

Lets see.....