PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 15:51
ia1166

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke. I've been here 7 years so i know lots actually.

I don't pry but when i arrived with RAL some old friends of mine were here already. They were from the Airbus days so i had inside knowledge. Your suggestion of prying is a bit rich. More like your lack of appreciation of how much you are being shafted. Maybe you should avoid sitting down!

The original Airbus contract of 1995 included BUPA Gold and Loss of Licence. When RAL took it over a few years back they continued to pay the original Airbus contract guys the same insurance and LoL. They still do. But they save money by giving you less. I had to pay 1000 a year extra to upgrade my insurance to BUPA. They can do it. They have a company policy. They just don't want to pay to put you on it!

That is fact. And it's well known amongst the long timers here. Ask RN and he will tell you. It's why he didn't change to PARC when the rest of the RAL guys did, me included, 4 years ago.

The story about the FV hospital is an BUPA issue and they have taken it very seriously. It's all about some medical admissions orderly in FV and is a typical Vietnam problem.

Both of the RAL reps get either 500 or 1000 a month to do what they do. The PARC rep gets 500. That is another fact. Otherwise why would they do anything? How do i know? Because RC couldn't help himself but tell everybody what a score he got out of RAL. It's no prying. He told everybody.

When i arrived there was no help. But who needs is anyway? We're supposed to be pilots. Able to sort ourselves out. If you really need someone to hold your hand as you get off the freedom bird...

All the PARC boys are pretty happy. We didn't suffer a pay cut like you boys did.

Last edited by ia1166; 24th Apr 2011 at 16:07.