PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK - NATS Pay negotiations - latest rumours
Old 24th Apr 2011, 14:40
Krait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the rumbling

This is obviously a very emotive topic and feelings rightly run high.

The three Trade Unions have come up with three offers. That is the way it is. There is no need for one offer . If any of the three Unions dont like their offer (even if its just because its less than the other Unions) then vote NO. Or look at the deal in its individuality. Its not divide and conquer. The workforce is already divided. Into three Trade Unions and on and on and on.

The Prospect Atco's branch has presented a deal which is RPI + .5% on basic pay. On your basic pay it is a pay rise VS RPI. The add ons in the second year, the UHP, OJTI LCE etc dont go up. However, if this really pisses you off do something. If OJTI now doesnt pay you enough, give it up. If LCE doesnt now pay you enough, three months notice today. But your basic pay will go up with this offer by RPI + 0.5 %.

NSL have the power with regards to MET. Quite rightly. If taking on MET isn't worth RPI + 0.5%, vote NO. Without MET and AAVA you can expect an offer of 2%.

NERL could pay a higher core offer, say 3 -3.5% because financially they are under a lot less pressure than many of the aiport contracts within NSL. However with AAVA and they are vital to projects, RPI + 0.5% was available.

I know this is a little Rant-like but I am living in the real world. So NATS pays dividends. So what. Thats not unusual. An RPI pay deal is tho! Very unusual. My other half has a 0% deal this year. The rest of the country is averaging between 2-3 %. NATS is doubling this but with strings. The strings this time round sit with NSL predominantly but in the future it will be with NERL.

NSL and NERL need to stick together on this, but do it with our eyes open.

Last edited by Krait; 24th Apr 2011 at 14:54.