PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forthcoming Book on The 49ers
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 13:12
moosp

Cool as a moosp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got the book as a b"day pressie and it is a seriously good read. I was there through it all, but obviously did not know what went on behind the scenes. What did is riveting.

I recommend this to anyone who is a pilot or a member of a union or staff association around the world. It shows the appalling lengths some people in management positions will go to in the hope of advancing their careers, the sheer idiocy of some of them (the GFI is a classic of this) and the morale fibre and dogged determination (and bravery in the case of KAL and PAL) that is required to be a principal officer of a pilots association.

I had always assumed that some of the management that I have worked for over the years were striving for the moral low ground. Captain Warham allows me to see that I was right.

Edited to add; Buzzboz, you miss the point. The AOA did not instigate sickouts. I was there. They did not even condone an individual having a sickout. The stress on going to work was palpable, and I saw several pilots whom in my opinion should not have been flying. The honest ones stayed home, and some became 49'rs.

As a witness to the Papa India argument, I am very sensitive to stress and the ability to fly safely.

Last edited by moosp; 24th Apr 2011 at 15:58.