PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB pax unload
Thread: VB pax unload
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 11:35
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The facts that we DO know Mr Hat are that 2 pax were bumped after they had boarded.

What we do not know is if it was a change in the enroute WX, local temperature or some other external factor.

One would hope that it wasn't just the load controller suddenly discovering that the flight was over maximum brake release weight after it had boarded. If that is the case they need their arse kicked all the way to Denpasar.

sinala1 - I was operating on the known facts as above which are very straight forward and ignore what the cause was.

Unless all the baggage was already offloaded which is highly unlikely then I believe the wrong action was taken. Simple knee jerk reaction without thinking the situation through.

I am assuming that we are dealing with contractors who may or may not be penalised if an aeroplane pushes back late and this may have prompted brain fade in getting a swift solution. I am happy to be corrected on all the preceeding posts if necessary as I am totally unsure.

Another possibility to get around the problem that has been floated is burn extra in the taxi. Don't like that at all as the required block and reserve fuel is eroded.

Personally I would not be happy signing that aeroplane out ans the taxi fuel calculation should not come into the maximum BRW.

It wasn't a Goroka departure where you could jam on 16.5 of flap at vr and then stick the nose down into the valley to build airspeed.

What I was talking about was the basic culture of problem solving and how DJ bought themselves a worldload of hurt through a poor and untrained decision.

Best all

EWL