PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB pax unload
Thread: VB pax unload
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2011, 07:20
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This amazes me.

I guess the old airline culture has screamed into the never-never.

Logic would decree offload 10 bags, contact Garauda and ask if they can uplift them. That should give you a new max BRW under the limit.

Have DPS ready to organise delivery after clearance from the GA aeroplane.

That is SOP for all majors I am aware of when something goes awry. Slap a rush tag on the bag and ensure it is delivered post haste on arrival.

Now - DJ may have note embraced agreements with others they share they skies with and did not have that option.

If not, then why not?

Just because they operate outside the legacy carrier mindset doesn't mean they cant use some of the more logical traditional past and present practices of the rest of the team.

Having worked F27-100 aircraft at Wynyard one learnt that a hot day and a full ship meant the Crew, their lunch and the passengers was all that was going. Ansett would uplift what they could and the rest was on its way to LST for the DC9.

I just find the decision ridiculous when they could have thrown 10 bags on SQ or GA over SIN or CGK, advised the passengers on board that some bags had been delayed and avoided potentially millions of dollars damage in public perception from the negative publicity.

People are defending the call by the crew in earlier posts, but I am sorry but I consider it poorly thought out and amateur.

That may well be a function of lack of directional training.

Think it over DJ. A lot of damage beyond the 2 bumped passengers has been done.

I now sit back waiting for the bath I will no doubt get.

Best all

EWL